Hey, you found us!

A sometimes irreverent, sometimes thoughtful blog
about daily ethical challenges, medicine, psychology, media, and most of all: Parenthood.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Wet Willy

I posted this experience on facebook. I still feel badly...

This happened on a flight from Detroit to Indianapolis last thursday...

I sit next to our 10 year old on the plane, my wife sits in front of us with our 13 year old daughter. This is a perfect time for a "wet willy", so I stick my finger in the 13 year old's ear. Then I notice that my wife & the 13 yo are actually sitting behind us. And I've just stuck a finger in the ear of a middle aged Chinese woman.

3 comments:

  1. So my 10 year old daughter, on watching this happen -- the same one with whom I've been working on morality and ethics using the virtue barrel -- immediately insists that I apologize.

    The Chinese woman does not turn around, instead, she only bats at her ear.

    I didn't apologize. I pretended it hadn't happened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the hardest mistakes to apologize for. After all, it's not as if you accidentally stepped on this woman's foot. How would one issue that apology?

    "I'm sorry, ma'am. That licked finger I just put in your ear was actually meant for my daughter's ear."

    ReplyDelete